Nigerian TikToker, Nsikak Abigail , popularly known as Mirabel, has announced her return to social media after leaving a rehabilitation programme in Ogun State, months after she was taken into police custody over a false rape allegation.
Checks by PUNCH Online showed that Mirabel made a series of posts on TikTok on Saturday, marking her first known public updates in months.
In one of the posts, she wrote, “I survived, so I’m awaiting your hate comments.”
In another post, she shared a video with the caption, “Out of therapy but not healed.”
She also wrote in another post, “Made peace with my mental health since rehab couldn’t help. Hi y’all.”
The posts appeared to signal her return to public life after months under the care of the Ogun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development.
Mirabel first came to public attention in February 2026 after posting a series of emotional videos alleging that she had been raped by an unidentified man who invaded her residence in Ogijo, Sagamu Local Government Area of Ogun State.
She claimed that the incident happened on the morning of February 15, 2026, after she had been drinking because of insomnia.
According to her account, she opened the door believing the person outside was a neighbour, but the man allegedly pushed her back, causing her to hit her head on a refrigerator and lose consciousness.
She further alleged that the man tied her up, put a cloth in her mouth and sexually assaulted her before leaving.
Mirabel also claimed that the alleged attacker later sent her messages and that a blade had been inserted into her private parts, causing her to bleed.
Her allegations quickly went viral on TikTok, attracting millions of views and widespread public outrage.
The incident also prompted reactions from celebrities, activists and members of the public, with calls for justice and support for the alleged victim.
Singer Simi was among those who reacted to the allegations, while social media activist Martins Otse, popularly known as VeryDarkMan, said he sent her N100,000 after learning of her claims.
Other individuals also reportedly sent her money, with varying reports on the total amount she received.
However, the account later came under scrutiny after social media users pointed to inconsistencies in her claims and questioned aspects of the alleged evidence.
The controversy escalated when Mirabel admitted in a viral conversation with VeryDarkMan that the rape allegation was false.
She said she created the TikTok account allegedly used by the supposed attacker and admitted that she had been taking drugs and was not thinking clearly at the time.
She also spoke about experiencing panic attacks and self-harm, while asking for help.
Following the admission, the Ogun State Police Command moved to investigate the matter and she voluntarily reported at Ibafo Police Station.
She was subsequently transferred to the Ogijo police jurisdiction, where she underwent medical examination and received treatment.
The police had initially indicated that she could face prosecution over the false allegation after her treatment.
However, by February 25, 2026, she had been released to the Ogun State Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development for care while investigations continued.
The development shifted the focus from prosecution to rehabilitation, with authorities saying she required psychosocial support.
In June, the Ogun State Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice, Oluwasina Ogungbade, said investigations by the relevant authorities, alongside Mirabel’s own admissions, established that the rape allegation was “false and deliberately fabricated.”
Ogungbade said the investigation found that there was no offender to apprehend or prosecute and no public safety threat arising from the original allegation.
The state government consequently decided that the interest of justice would be better served by psychosocial rehabilitation rather than prosecution.
Mirabel was therefore placed under the care of the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, which was tasked with providing support as she underwent rehabilitation.
The government also condemned both gender-based violence and the making of false allegations, noting the potential damage such claims could cause to genuine survivors.
Her return to TikTok on Saturday comes about six months after the controversy began.
In her latest posts, Mirabel did not provide details about when she left the rehabilitation facility or explain what led to her decision to return to social media.
However, her statement that she was “out of therapy but not healed” suggests that she may still be dealing with issues arising from the period that led to her rehabilitation.
She also appeared to acknowledge the possibility of renewed criticism from social media users, writing, “I survived so I’m awaiting your hate comments.”









