You are here: HomeNews2020 09 15Article 379288

General News of Tuesday, 15 September 2020

Source: Legit

Police say Ondo INEC fire caused by faulty electrical connection

The fire that gutted INEC office in Ondo state was caused by faulty electrical connection The fire that gutted INEC office in Ondo state was caused by faulty electrical connection

Few days after a fire outbreak at the Akure office of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the Ondo police command has revealed that the fire outbreak was caused by faulty electrical connection.

As a result of this, the police dismissed talks that the fire incident was masterminded by some individuals.

This was disclosed by the state police commissioner Salami Bolaji said at a news briefing in Akure.

According to him, a report by the had put to rest issues of saboteurs setting containers ablaze.

Going further, he promised that other findings would be made public.

“The result of investigation into the incident is out. The fire was caused by faulty electrical connection and the smart card readers were burnt. They were kept in two containers on the premises of INEC and the air conditioners were kept on for 24 hours.

“This will put to rest speculations that the fire was caused by saboteurs. If there are other findings, we will let you know. For now, the major cause is faulty electrical connection.

“This report is final from the fire service. They have the authority to investigate fire incidents in Akure,” he said.

Join our Newsletter