You are here: HomeNews2020 06 28Article 363448

General News of Sunday, 28 June 2020

Source: MyNigeria

Paul Enenche accused of locking up former Dunamis pastor on trumped up charges

Paul Enenche Paul Enenche

Pastor Paul Enenche of Dunamis International Gospel Centre has been accused by a former member of his church, Pastor Abraham Daniel, of having him locked up on trumped up charges.

Daniel said he was arrested for leaving the church and also for a Facebook post he wrote about the church's activities.

Speaking to Sahara Reporters, Daniel who was locked up in Suleja Prison in Abuja said his wife and children left him on the church's orders.

He said, "I was ordained as a pastor in 2010. In 2014, I was posted to New Karu as the residence pastor.

"While I was there, we started a school. I wanted a school that would be almost free for church members but an instruction came from the headquarters that I should not run the school freely, so I had to stop the whole plan.

"I wrote on my Facebook post telling churches in Nigeria to encourage members' development and also help members.

"I also wrote that Christians now celebrate pastors instead of focusing on Jesus and the teachings of the Bible.

"I later lost interest in the church, wrote a letter of resignation, it was accepted and I left.

"The pastor (Eneche) called me and was insulting me because I left the church. He sent his pastors to start calling my wife to pester me to return to the church.

"This put my family in disarray as my wife pestered me until I closed the ministry and ensured I returned to Dunamis Church.

"I left again then suddenly things went rogue.

"A number called me that he needed my Uber service and we met unknowingly to me that they were police.

"They took me to Karu Police Station saying that they arrested me because of what I wrote against Pastor Eneche."

He has was transferred to another police station from where he was taken to court.

He also revealed that the church gave false testimony against him and want him sentenced.

He added, "I was detained from Friday until Monday and when they noticed that the DPO of New Karu Police Station was not cooperating with them, they took me from there to Kubwa Area Command.

"They pressed the DPO to charge me to court, was remanded at Suleja Prison and after I was bailed, I went to beg him to withdraw the matter.

"Again, at another court hearing, they lied to the judge that I was still writing about the church and the judge ordered that I should be returned to prison. I spent three weeks at Suleja Prison before I was eventually released.

"While I was in prison, I lost my job and my family, and was released during the Coronavirus lockdown with nothing to fend for myself."

He said the church's aim is to have him sentenced by the court.

The Church which spoke through the Head of Administrative (Central), Mr Victor Stephen, declined to comment until a letter is written to its headquarters.

Join our Newsletter