You are here: HomeNews2020 10 13Article 387610

Crime & Punishment of Tuesday, 13 October 2020

Source: The Nigerian Observer

Gang rape by two men paralyses girl, 13 in Lagos

LAGOS – A 13-year old JSS 3 student (name withheld), was allegedly subjected to a brutal gang rape by two men, which left her partially paralyzed in the hospital.

The incident occurred just some few days after a12-year old girl, Favour Ikechukwu, was gang-raped to death in Ejigbo area of Lagos.

Our correspondent gathered that the incident happened on Tuesday, 6th October, 2020, at The Cool Tervan Hotel, Oremeji Street, off Isuti Road, Egan, Igando area of Lagos.

The cat was let open when some angry residents trooped to Igando Police Station to register their displeasure over what they tagged ‘ a despicable wicked act to a minor to the Divisional Police Officer, CSP Taiwo Kasumu and his operatives.

The Police’s prompt response led to the arrest of the kingpin of the gang identified as Toheeb Mustapha, known as “Sir Small” in the crime world.

The residents wondered how the girl, who resides on the same street where the hotel is located, was lured by the gang into the hotel unnoticed by the management.

They suspected foul play and appealed to the Police authorities to further investigate the circumstances surrounding the crime and alleged untoward activities going on in the hotel.

It was gathered that one of the fleeing gang members, identified as Sukomi, a.k.a Ikamula or G33, a motor mechanic and ex student of Edu Grammar School, now residing at Ita Alhaji Street, Ikotun, had earlier booked a room in the hotel on Monday, 5th October, 2020, to prepare the ground for their dastardly act.

It was further learnt that on Tuesday afternoon, while the victim’s mother had gone out in search of her family’s daily bread, Sir Small, said to be the gang leader and master mind of the rape, had sneaked into the victim’s house and lured her into the hotel, where they were said to have taken turns in raping her until she started bleeding profusely, coupled with the excruciating and agonizing pain she revealed she felt on the lower region of her abdomen.

Sensing danger, the gang was said to have waited until night, as they quickly packaged and dumped their bleeding victim in front of her house and fled.

A source also stated that the 20-year old suspect, “Sir Small”, who confessed to the crime, denied any ritual connotation or deployment of charms or “juju” in perpetrating the crime.

He claimed to have reestablished contact with the victim two years after he left school through her phone contact which he collected from the victim’s school mate.

He regretted his action but denied that the girl was a virgin before the rape.

Join our Newsletter