You are here: HomeNews2021 12 27Article 509863

General News of Monday, 27 December 2021

Source: www.mynigera.com

Again, gunmen abduct first class monarch

Gunmen Gunmen

Gunmen suspected to be bandits have reportedly kidnapped the Paramount Ruler of Gindiri, Charles Mato Dakat in his palace in Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State.

However, the Military in Jos confirmed the kidnap of the monarch of Gindiri, Charles Mato Dakar in his palace yesterday.

The lawmaker representing Mangu South in the Plateau State House of Assembly, Bala Fwangje, also confirmed the incident.

According to the lawmaker, security operatives had been deployed to the community and were combing the bushes in search of the kidnapped traditional ruler.

The Military Information Officer of Operation Safe Haven in Jos, Major Ishaku Takwa confirmed to reporters the kidnap of the paramount ruler.

Takwa said: “Troops of Operation Safe Haven at Gyambus have been mobilised to the area and are on the trail of the kidnappers.

Also, bandits terrorising parts of Kaduna State at the weekend kidnapped five peasants at the Kuregu area of Wusasa in Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State.

Though Kaduna State Police Command was yet to comment on the incident, According to The Nation, the gunmen stormed the area on Saturday evening shooting intermittently.

A resident of the area who spoke to our correspondent in confidence said: “They came to our area with arms and ammunition and kidnapped five people.

Also, in Ekiti State, gunmen suspected to be kidnappers abducted two persons on Christmas Day in Ijan-Ekiti, Gbonyin Local Council Development Area of Ekiti State.

The Nation learnt that the victims, who were on a motorbike, were kidnapped on Saturday around 5:30 p.m. while returning from Ilupeju-Ekiti.

The incident occurred barely three days after a traditional leader; Chief Emmanuel Obafemi was kidnapped on his farm in the same community.

According to sources in the community, the two victims were said to have been accosted by the seven gunmen.

The source identified one of the victims as a cocoa merchant while the other as the commercial motorcyclist who normally plied his trade in the community.

He added that the abductors were yet to contact the families for possible ransom as of yesterday.

When contacted, the Ekiti State Police Public Relation Officer, Sunday Abutu, an Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP), said he had not been briefed on the incident.

He promised to speak to the press once he confirmed the report.

But, the Amotekun Corps Commander in Ekiti, Brig-Gen. Joe Komolafe (rtd) who confirmed the abduction said his operatives are combing the adjoining forest for possible rescue of the victims.

Join our Newsletter!